Originally Posted by desertoakie
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
No more plastika for me at least with handguns. 1911 or Revolver.
Why not?

nothing to do with function at all, it is just a personal thing. In my mind they are disposable

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS x 1,000^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only autos I own are S&Ws made between 1964-2000, and not one has plastic in it. Being 56 years old, plastic way back when had a bad connotation to it; like when they started making dashboards out of plastic for autos. YUCK! I guess that has been with me forever and I cannot abide a plastic handgun, for me it says "disposable" when it cracks in an odd place.

I view "plastic" guns similarly, but for a different reason. To my mind, and eye, polymer pistols have no "soul." Their history is not the history of fine hand-work, the work of men long-trained and expert in arms manufacturing, but instead is a story of the triumph of materials science and lean-manufacturing. Good things to be sure, but not fine things.

Polymer guns make wonderful tools--and I own several, and regard them as tools the way I regard a particularly efficient dishwasher or garage door opener--but they do not move me in the slightest. I have no sentiment for them, the way I feel when I see a S&W Registered Magnum or a Colt Shooting Master. Some say there is no place for sentiment in the firearms world. I feel sorry for those people.