Please forgive my ignorance on the matter, but I'm looking to purchase a new shotgun or two and I've not kept up with the advances, particularly when it comes to the operating systems of the newer semi-autos.

I will be purchasing a 20ga, semi-auto for upland birds/skeet and a 12 ga, semi-auto or pump (undecided here) for turkey. I've been considering the Beretta A400 Lite Synthetic for the semi-auto and some type of Benelli for the pump option or second semi-auto.

My criteria for the semi-auto is the followig: simple design, ease of maintenance or being able to suffer from a lack thereof, reliability and soft shooting.

When considering the semi-autos and their respective operating systems; which system, the Beretta or the Inertia Driven system of the Benelli is preferred? What are the pros and cons of each? Any info you could provide me would be appreciated.

Thanks for the education.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.