Originally Posted by bangeye
Re: magazine capacity, maybe it's the result of shooting double guns some but I have gotten in the habit of loading my repeaters with only two rounds, one in the chamber and one in the magazine when hunting upland and small game. It dawned on me I rarely needed the 3rd shot and rarely are they high % shots. It also makes it easy to load and as importantly unload your gun. To load, drop one in the port ( side ejection guns) and close the action, slide one in the magazine. As quick as loading a double. To unload open the action catch the shell , roll the gun on its side dumping the 2nd shell into your hand. No chucking or shucking needed. I haven't noticed my game bag being lighter though my shell bag is a bit heavier since I'm not wasting those 3rd shots.

other distractions may make this ok in the game field, but in skeet and trap the gun cycles different on the last round and the action locking back is distracting. The B 2000 has a nice side loading port and if you release the round it will load itself

When shooting 3 gun I usually hold 4 shells in the left and load on the move while holding the gun on target with the right so the chamber is always charged.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old