[quote=Full_Draw]163bc,
I agree, my test was not an all inclusive, scientific test that removed all of the variables. It was simply a quick check to give me peace of mind before I chose a powder for my hunt. /quote]

Full Draw, Your tests are fine and they are exactly what you should do. Especially for a hunting load. You are stating what your tests reveal to you. I am doing the same in stating what my tests are telling me. I use lots of RL-22 I also do a lot of big game trophy hunting. I had heard and read of problems with RL-22 many years ago and set out to make my own determinations instead of just accepting what I had read as fact. I continue to do tests including this coming week with 3 custom rifles and severasl different bullets & powders including as usual RL-22. I have also spent quite a bit of time on the phone speaking to Alliant/Hercules technicians and asking lots of questions. I learned quite a bit from them during my conversations. I can tell you that their tests are far more thouough than yours or mine!! A Hercules quality control tech in Radford, Va. told me a supplier in Europe makes RL-22 under very strict and controlled manufacturing tolerances. BEFORE accepting a shipment it is tested in numerous ways to make sure it is exactly per the tolerances & specs. If not it is not accepted. The long and short of it FOR ME is that I cannot see any significant difference in RL-22 vs. any other power I tried over wide temp ranges and over lots of load combos over lots of years. In addition just to be clear I have tried damn near every powder you can think of including Hodgson. I use and am happy with quite a few other than RL-22. Again BASED ON MY EXPIERENCE I am quite confident and happy with RL-22 anywhere, any time, and any temp!! Good hunting, 163bc