Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Diablero
Find you a .17 Remington..That Fireball thing is just a poser...

You don't have a clue.

And that's from a guy who own's two 17Rem's and has been shooting them for 40+ years..

Oh but I do have a clue or I wouldn't have said what I said. Your shooting and my killing is 2 different things. I've killed numerous and I mean NUMEROUS coyotes, fox and bobcats with the .17 Rem... My brother bought a FB when they first hit the market. Just about every coyote he shot (not all) he had a runner and what I mean by runner is a couple he didn't even find and several that expired after running about a 100 yards. His rifle was loaded with Hornady 25 grainers just like mine but lacking the "assss" mine had. I had better penetration with the 17 Rem than he did with the FB...After this happening a few times he found that rifle a new home and got a 17 Rem...Now why would I want to downgrade to that lol...What advantage??? I don't want to hear the bullshiiteee about powder efficiency either...If you can't afford the powder then you don't need to be shooting anything. This is the real world I live in. I hope you get another 40 years of your "shooting". I'll stick to my killing predators and selling my pelts. Sounds like to me that you are the one that doesn't have a clue when it comes to my world...Like I said, the 17 FB is just a POSER and this is just my opinion just like you have yours...Good luck to ya....

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN