Originally Posted by xverminator
I'd say the brother needs a shooting lesson...........

Lol...Now you're the one that doesn't have a clue.

Originally Posted by Hunterapp
From here Ill just smile and say I am truly curious what the real core issue was with your brothers unfortunate experience. Ill rest confident the chambering choice was not the core issue Though I can't rule out workmanship on the barrel!

You know Hunterapp I also still smile about this myself. He bought the FB in either 2007 or 2008. Don't really remember but it was it was one of the first Fireball's to hit this end of the state. We done a little load development for it but not much. All we tried was the 25 grain Hornady even though the word was that the FB was more suitable for the 20 grain load. Our chances of calling in a coyote in this area is the same as calling in a fox so 20 grainers was a no go. The accuracy of the FB was with the load we settled on seemed to be moa @ 100. Didn't notice any keyholes from my memory but still not as tight as the 17 Rem I have....Anyway we didn't really get down to the heart of the matter. He called me one day and said I sold my FB and picked up a 17 Rem and do you think we can get it sighted in before dark so we can go coyote hunting tonight? It could have been the barrel, really don't know. I still wonder about that rifle to this day. You know as well as I do once you get a bad taste for something it's damn near impossible to take another bite. Like I said earlier. That was my experience with the FB and my last. I'm sure all FB's are not jinxed as that one was whatever the problem. I'll stick with my 17 Rem, (the hand of God) because my rifle hits with authority and dead is dead. Happy hunting and be SAFE!

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN