BU-
I may take you up on that box of 35 bullets.....have an old Model 70 in 35 Whelen.....

I talked to Andy Hill-of Hawk Bullets-this week. They have been filling DoD sniper bullet requests, which is interesting.
He stated that on a custom order, he could close the base jacket opening a bit over the core.
I have used some of their bullets, mainly in 348 WCF, which operates at lower velocity/ pressure with 225-250 grain bullets.
Have killed one large moose with one shot-270 gr bullet in the 348 Ack Imp.-probably 2300 FPS.

No problems so far. But it may be like the 10th floor bldg jumper at the 6th floor-" So far- so good". My last 348 Bullets were bonded North Fork, Alaska Bullet Works bonded-
and some original Barnes : all 230-250 grain.

One item. Hawk recommends 5-10% reduction in powder charge. Also single based powders. Bolt actions generally develop more pressure
than lever action rifles, and the latter have less room for error or pressure excursions. Food for thought.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....