It wasn't until the Brits introduced their Hinckley "New Bonnevilles" in 2001 that I was able to properly satisfy my British motorcycle "Jones".

Mine was a 2002 model. It utilized a 360 degree parallel twin,...but it had double overhead cams, 4 valves per cylinder,... and counter balancers on the crank to keep it from rattlin' itself to pieces.

They were fairly neutered as they came from the factory in order to placate the EPA Nazis,...but relief was only a rejetting of the carbs,...a pair of K&N slip on air filters,..and some free flowing mufflers away. It you took the time and expense to make those modifications, they were the most badass Bonnevilles ever produced. I fitted mine with some Bitubo shocks and a 140 profile rear tire to take advantage of the increased horsepower,.....then just rode the chit out of it for many miles. You could just flip these things around like nothing.

Me and some buds used to make occasional trips down to the Gatlinburg. They could run away from me on the straightaways,....but up on the Cherohala Scenic Skyway, I'd roll up and push my front wheel inside of their rear in the curves just to mess with them.

Good times on this bullet proof Brit bike,....very good times.

148 main jets,..2 shims on the needles,...3.5 turns out on the air, K&N filters,...Bitubo shocks,...D&D reverse cone mufflers, a 140 profile rear tire,...ride the piss out of it as hard as you dare. It ain't gonna break.

[Linked Image]