Originally Posted by DigitalDan
2 stroke boat power was always a bit of a plus and minus thing for me. If chasing high top speed across the oceans there was no good substitute for a good 2 stroke. They will keep on ticking long after a 4 stroke will puke. If a fella wants to keep the bugs at bay in the coastal realm here in Floriduh, nothing better than a 2 stroke. Talking sand gnats, 'skeeters and 90 mph..........

[Linked Image]

Old 2 stroke outboards had a lot of zip. Had a 1983 Ventura Regatta 17' bass boat from 1986 till 2015. 150 V6 Black Max on the back. Now you must think old school here. Wanted to get it's potential speed out of it for giggles early on. Bolted on a jack plate and mounted it so the lower unit was running center of bullet case about an inch or so below water line when trimmed out. Ran a 26" Big Eared Chopper prop cupped and had about 2 blades at a time in the water. Highest I could go and still get good water pickup. Could get right on 70mph flickin on the speedo but it was goosey. Always wanted to chine walk when it was trimmed out good. Was turning about 6k top end. It was a boat that required a driver and Lordy me that was a rush. Not like current models feeling like your sitting at the dinner table going 75.

And another off-topic 2 stroke. How about the Kawaski 500 3 cylinder 2-stroker. Sweet Jesus in Heaven!! Those things outran good gossip. Had one for a while but kept blowing solder off the alternator if I missed a gear. Plus I knew pretty well I'd kill myself if I kept it much longer. But what a crotch rocket.

Other stuff, VW bug, no mas. Good memories but none I'd like to remake. Plus I had a '69 Camper Van I couldn't fix fast enough. If I'd had enough coin in that day I'd have put it out in the open and paid somebody to dynamite it. And the Corvair even worse. Death trap. Nothing up front of the driver and passenger but a tin can and air. Pulled a young kid and baby out of the front passenger side of one after a head on. Course nobody in 1966 used seat bellts. Not sure it would have mattered. Mama driving had the windshield side post in her sternum. Kid was the only survivor. I was 16.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."