It's still not clear to me.

I just got off the phone with a customer service gal(didn't catch her name) at Mcmillan
I explained to her what Dick posted regarding fill weights and calibers(338 and up-Magnum fill, standard calibers up to the big 30 calibers-Standard fill)

Her response to me was that my 300 win mag had to be put into a stock with magnum fill and that a standard fill would not hold up under recoil. She also said that that was the only way they have ever done it unless I wanted to go the EDGE route.( this was the same response I recieved when I called 2 months ago and asked which fill I needed). Now I'm hearing I could have saved 6 ounces on fill weight and that my stock is already to far along in the production process to change things.

I'm surely not wanting to create a problem for anyone in customer service at McMillan but the gal I talked to seemed confused when I mentioned 338 cal vs 30 cal and I got the feeling that to her a magnum was a magnum. Sounds like I'm SOL because personnel at McMillan are not on the same page.

Having said all that, can someone tell me offhand what an average walnut stock on a remington 700 or winchester 70 long action BDL weighs?(ie; is a 36 oz McMillan going to be lighter than the original wood that was on this rifle?

Leftybolt