one problem as I see it was the national BSA had its own level of bureaucracy. The chief scout executive was paid about 1 million a year. That was the job gates and tillerson held. What was happening is national companies like UPS, FED EX, and others were being pressured by these liberal groups to drop their funding if the BSA didn't change its stance on gays. The scouts were also specifically targeted in other areas. the libs picked the exact right places to cause a shat storm. Basically they would find a place to pick a lawsuit that was strategically placed geographically for the right courts and the right situation. They would also find people to purposely sue the scouts for discrimination again in certain areas in cherry picked circumstances. You had a 2 pronged attack pressure for the money to leave which meant this was a threat to the national BSA and all their executives salaries AND the whole discrimination aspect. What should have happened is the scouts decentralize, meaning pretty much absolve and let the local troops and sponsors run the program and all but disband and volunteerize the national level.

the LDS church was at least 25% of their members and I would wager way more of a share of their money. Also the LDS church IMO was the most serious sponsor of the scouts overall. Yes the methodists and others have a big membership but I don't feel their congregations pushed scouting like the LDS church has. Basically as I predicted once the LDS church left the scouts would fold. However I didn't predict it would be this quickly. The LDS church also agreed to pay the scouts for 2 full years of membership. they are leaving at the end of 2019 and agreed to pay for all their troops through 2019.

a really really sad day. evil is so coordinated its scary.