Originally Posted by deflave
When my son was a wee lad I enrolled him in Cub Scouts. The chapter/division or WTF they call it was ran by a woman. I couldn't get my head wrapped around that but figured what the hell.

I was immediately recruited to be the den leader or whatever the fugk they called it and I did so for one year. I saw absolute zero value in any of the curriculum, the leaders, or the organization in general.

Whatever you people get or got out of that organization escapes me.

Perks are different by venue. There's a BSA camp about 10-11 miles down stream on the Brazos River from Possum Kingdom Dam. Water released from Morris Sheppard Dam, (i.e. Possum Kingdom) maintains a state mandated "in stream flow" which means the Brazos (in this section between man made lakes) never drys up and flows freely from Possum Kingdom lake to Lake Whitney; roughly 145 miles. Additionally water released from Possum Kingdom Dam is discharged from a depth of 70 feet which creates a constant water temperature of close to 70 degrees year round in the first 4 or so miles below Morris Sheppard Dam. This stretch of river has limited access and traverses through steep walled canyons and scenic private property. Putting all of this together creates an outstanding fishery and provides and ideal wilderness setting for family camping.
This BSA camp promotes and provides all kinds of outdoor activities such as building rope bridges, log tee pees, shelters, open fire cooking, camping and canoeing. In other words..., this is what BSA is supposed to be rather than a weekly night Mother's Den meeting. Unfortunately it looks like politics has ruined this for all future generations.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?