In my 99 - 300 Savage, I’ve tried over a dozen loads with “accuracy” loads from the Lyman manual, Ken Waters, and the Nosler manual. I’ve searched the Internet and looked through old Handloader magazines. I’ve tried quite a few different bullets. The worst loads were 4 to 5 MOA for 5 shots (boat tail bullets). The best 5 shot groups are about 1.7 MOA. Most are about 2 MOA for 5 shots.
I shot one 3 shot group, using Remington factory 150 grain - 1.3 MOA.
130 grain TTSX was narrowly the most accurate. But 150 grain Hornady SP and 170 Remington CL RN we’re close 2nd. (One thing that surprised me was how far apart the groups were with different bullets). Short bullets worked best. In an article in Handloader the author praises the Speer RN 150 grain bullet. I’ll be buying a box.

Best powders (so far) H4895, Varget, and IMR4895.

A couple powders that has worked well for others that I’ve not tried yet WW748 and IMR4064.

I read about 1 MOA Savage 99’s. How common is a 1MOA Savage 99? It’s elusive for me and this 300 Savage 99.

The groups are mostly consistent in shape. One or two were almost completely horizontal. Most were even up/down with maximum reading was measured at about 45 degrees.

After reading comments in this thread I looked at the fore-end. It seems to fit well. I do not understand the above modification(s) and how it would help.

I’ll probably live with 2 MOA, but I’ll keep trying.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally