Well. Resting the action, not fore-arm on the front bag showed no improvement over holding the fore-arm or having the fore-arm on the bag.
The best bullets include: 170 grain RN CL’s, 150 grain Hornady SP, 130 grain TTSX’s all are 2 MOA or better. Each of these bullets shoot about the same as far as accuracy.
The boat tails I tried were 150 grain Hornady. The lack of accuracy amounted to 4 to 5 MOA.
The best powders so far are: H4895, IMR4895 and Varget. Actually I could not see any one of these powders to be the better than another.

The factory Remington 150 grain loads are as accurate as any of these hand-loads.

I think I’ll go with Hornady 150 grain SP with any of the powders mentioned. These bullets are inexpensive, I think they’ll work very well and I’ll see this fall how they do on white-tails.

As far as model of this 99???
There’s no model identification that I could find. It has a tang Safety, checkered walnut stock, a round counter. It’s my first and only 99 and I’m no expert.

This rifle is wearing a Leupold M8 4x dual x scope.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally