Most people that reload ammo knows to start low and work up. PC'ing wont change pressure enough to bother. That is the reason I posted what I did. You could start low and work up right? Isn't that normal procedure?

Originally Posted by Henryseale
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
You said "ANY PROVEN OR PUBLISHED DATA WOULD BE APPRECIATED." If published data would be appreciated why not look in published data to find some? How would that work?
There is much PUBLISHED data for the 44 Magnum. Would that not be helpful?

Originally Posted by Henryseale
OK, I ordered myself a S&W M-69 4.25 in. barrel .44 Mag/Spl yesterday. Also ordered a set of dies, brass, and bullets. I would like some suggested loads for it. I will have both 240 gr. coated lead SWC bullets (Missouri Bullet Company) and Hornady 240 gr. XTP JHP bullets. I have on hand both Remington and Federal large pistol primers, Unique, 2400, and Titegroup powders, both .44 Magnum and .44 Special Starline brass. Any proven or published load data would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well Mr. Doofus, I have been unable to locate any PUBLISHED data for using COATED 240 gr. cast bullets. I have seen a fair amount of data for lead uncoated and jacketed and semi-jacketed bullets. I am not sure if the bullet being COATED has any effect on the loading characteristics or not. I would be most appreciated to be enlightened as to where I could find any such PUBLISHED data. That would be most helpful. That is why I asked the question. I looked in the three loading manuals that I have and they do not mention COATED bullets at all. I would gladly buy one that covered this if I knew which one has the needed data.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.