Seems like everything was covered in past replies. I would also recommend Unique 8-10 grains under the coated bullets. You won't find data for coated bullets, but they behave much like uncoated cast bullets. Just a bit less friction in my experience, so equivalent loads will give you a hair less pressure and a hair more velocity than regular lubed cast bullets, and a LOT more velocity than jacketed bullets. I use cast data, and adjust accordingly. Fairly hard, flat-nosed, coated cast bullets will do an immense amount of work even at moderate speed. You'll find a load between 8 and 10 grains of Unique that shoots well, if the bullets match your cylinder throats fairly closely.

As far as the Hornady 240 XTP, they don't need speed, but do a fine job at twice what you can get out of that 4" revolver. IF you are a glutton for recoil and muzzle blast (and most of us are, at times), the 23-24gr of H110/296 is a great load. It has been accurate for me in several guns and platforms with the Hornady and other 240 gr jacketed bullets. IF you aren't looking for that sort of thing, but want a good working load, look toward powders like Blue Dot or Long Shot or Power Pistol. Data can be found online. I have used all of these to excellent effect out of various 44's, both short and long.

The best jacketed bullet in 240gr weight I've used for killing stuff is the Nosler 240 JHP. I've only ever recovered them in the ground beyond what was shot, and they always end up gloriously expanded, doing remarkable damage, even with no bone hit.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.