Akbob5:
Good evening to you sir, I hope that this last day of November treated you in an acceptable manner and that this finds you well.

You talked about overflow and like John's statement about Celsius and Fahrenheit meeting at -40° I knew I was familiar with something like it, but had to look it up before I responded.

My eldest sister for years was an RN in northern communities in the 3 western provinces, one of them being the oldest settlement in Saskatchewan, a little Metis and First Nations community called Cumberland House.

Of course if it was the oldest, it was a fur trading post and then again by extension it was on a river, in this case the Saskatchewan which is the combined North and South Saskatchewan at that point, so it's going pretty good and is quite wide. The interesting thing is that Cumberland House is on an island and everything going in or out of town has to cross the river.

As you can surmise, that's a sticky wicket for several months of the year until the ice is thick enough to run first snow machines, then pickups and finally semis across it.

Some years when the overflow was bad there were several locals that would go through, never to be seen again.

Anyways sir, thanks for twigging my memories of times spent up there long, long ago. All the best to you folks as the days get short and cold. may you stay well, warm and dry.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"