Originally Posted by gunner500
That'll work Ron, I told an old buddy about running 500 grains over 2365 fps from my 458....he said he'd need buy me a new chronograph ; ] I told him to bring that cash on out to the farm if he wants to leave it here.

grin
Cash: Save some of that by practicing with old obsolete 500-grain Hornady RNSP seated to same depth as the TBSH.
I finished off my old first-generation Hornady 500-grainers and have moved onto the second-generation InterLock.
To maintain the 0.350" seating depth same as a TBSH at 3.550" (rounding to nearest 1/100th inch)
Gen-1 COL is 3.500".
Gen-2 COL is 3.480".
When you get to 2300 fps with those in a .458 WM+, you have well and truly beat a .458 Lott.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

80 grains of compressed H4895 makes a good practice load with Ol'Hornady 500-grainers at 2300 fps.
Easy to go faster with ball powders and no compression.
Heck, 2200 fps with some of the newer ball powders might do just fine for practice too.

[Linked Image]

Hodgdon CFE 223 is pretty slow burning and might require the 5-grain greater water capacity of Norma-made brass, to get over 2300 fps with such short COL.
Norma is that much bigger inside than W-W Super and Hornady brass !
One of the faithful missionaries suggested CFE 223, and it would be dandy for practice loads from any brass case,
clean your barrel while plinking.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.