MD,
Yep, I remember that Black Talon title very well. They had bullets with caliber(308/300Mag) recommendations and the 338 was a 250! Ironically, law enforcement continued to use the "Black Talon" (STS) after they were "banned", at least some friends of mine did for awhile. I did not realize the PT Gold was Win's idea. I liked the way the PT Gold seemed to damage less meat, admittedly my experience was only a few animals. They also shot better in my particular rifle. What a HUGE performance gap! grin
What will the naysayers say when and if they lose a petal? Maybe they NEVER will? I'm sure the folks a Barnes and Nosler get calls complaining that their bullets don't look like the ones in the pictures! Taken from dead animals of course!
Personally, I don't care as the X's resemble the flat noses I use in handgun bullets when the petals shear, kinda like a Partition without its front core and furled back. They kill and damage tissue well.
I'm a little leery about the movement towards the homogenous/single metal alloy bullets. Yes, they are amazing, but why are so many bullet companies going this route? If its a performance thing, great, if its the EPA coming around the corner, I am very concerned. Like I said, I would HATE to see the PT replaced, and so would many others. Also, these metals always cost more than lead, which is at record levels as well. Perhaps manufacture is easier for these styles of bullets, and cost will go down as more of them are bought? I know these companies must be prepared for our "friends". ALL bullets are going up! I work in the battery industry and look at the lead market every day!
Thanks again JB.
Nate

Last edited by HawkI; 08/23/07.