Originally Posted by knight
I like the idea of a plastic tip all copper bullet without the stupid B.C. killing grooves. grin

Barnes lists their standatrd .277� 130g X with a BC of .466 and the TSX with a BC of .431, so I'll grant that the grooves reduce BC. But Barnes also says you can get another 100fps with the TSX bullets.

Comparing Barnes #3 top 130g �X� load at 3152fps to a hypothetical 3252fps for the TSX, and zeroing both for a maximum rise above line of sight at 3�, here are the bullet drops at 500 yards:

28.03� Barnes 130g X
26.42� Barnes 130g TSX

Yuppers, to shoot as �flat� as a standard TSX with max loads for each, the BC of the TSX would have to drop all the way to .3897.

The point is, BC isn't the only factor involved in trajectories. A little extra velocity, which the TSX allows, overcomes major decreases in BC. Further, at an effective range of 129 yards and equal velocities of 3100fps, BC doesn't play much of a role at all.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 08/25/07.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.