I still see them driving by themselves wearing masks. I can't wrap my brain around it.

Back in the Spring of 2021 we still had mask mandates for commercial establishments. It had been about a year and my guys inside wouldn't wear masks and I wasn't going to make them wear them either. However, I did try to get them to wear them if the customers were wearing them and we didn't know them. I didn't want to get in trouble with the health dept. You never know what .gov might do. About 80% of our customers were not wearing them, so I didn't worry too much.

One day we had a showroom full of people and most people were not wearing masks. From my office, I hear a lady say, "Wow, it must be nice not to have to wear a mask at work". After she was done inside, I see her walking out to the stone yard and she's double masked. She got her stuff and got in her car, double masked, and drives off. 15 minutes later I get a call from the county health department threatening to fine me. I had a long talk with the guy and he explained that he was only doing his job and that he had to do so until the governor lifted the mandate. He didn't fine me, but just gave me a verbal warning. It was a $5000.00 fine. Even after the incident, I still had a hard time getting these guys to mask up. They were pretty good though if we had customers that we didn't know and were wearing them.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan