Just wish to pass along some good info......

Have a buddy with a 2017 Ram 5.7L w/136K mi on it. He uses Mobil 1 oil. Mine is a 2015 w/159K mi using Amsoil.....The 5.7 Hemi motors are famous for what they call a Hemi tick because some slop can develop over time in the lifter rollers which contain needle bearings. About a month ago my buddy's Ram went into the shop about 150 miles after he first heard loud chirping noises from the engine compartment on the left driver's side engine bank. He could not get his truck to the shop any sooner. He also developed a misfire and loss of power soon after hearing those loud chirping noises. He called me up after his truck went into the shop and described the problem. My first thoughts were, that one of his lifters seized on the cam and it could be very possible that he may need a new engine IF even if a small amount or a considerable amount of tiny metal shavings were found after the initial tear down.

We met at the shop after the initial teardown and metal shavings galore in the oil pan. Looked like a galaxy cluster. Thousands and thousands of tiny metal flakes. New engine time! So he ordered a new 5.7 long block crate motor.

So while his truck was in the shop waiting for a new motor, I decided to do some research on this issue to maybe determine the root cause because I own a 5.7 Hemi as well with no issues as of yet.

Ran across this you tube video link,,,,,,,,youtube.com/watch?v=jkNOXWGXADM................"The End of the Hemi Tick?" by ReIgnited

The fix? A 6.2L Hellcat oil pump to give the lifters much better oil lubrication AT IDLE by increasing the engine oil pressure. Bolts right up to all 2009 and newer 5.7 Hemi motors. Same bolt pattern. The Hellcat oil pump with increased oil pressure will not affect the gaskets or the seals causing them to leak. Same interior dimensions, oil galleries and oil flow splash points as the 6.2L Hellcat motors.

So my friend ordered a 6.2L Hellcat oil pump at my suggestion. The OE oil pump was removed from the new motor and replaced with the Hellcat oil pump. After the job was finished, his oil pressure at full operating temp is now 39 to 41 psi @ idle where before at idle his truck ranged from 29 to 32 psi. His new motor is quiet. I mean quiet.

So I decided to spend several hundred $$$ to go with a Hellcat oil pump myself. I went from 30 to 33 psi at idle full operating temp to now 38 to 41 psi at idle. Rambling down the road at 80 mph @ about 1800 rpm my oil pressure shows 72-73 psi. My motor got a little more quiet as well.

The shop made it very clear that over long periods of time, shorter times especially with 5.7L police and highway patrol Hemi motors that idle much more, that it is the idling time that slowly takes its toll on the lifter rollers because at idle the oil psi is at its lowest and at idle the rollers get just enough oil lubrication but not quite enough with the standard OE 5.7 oil pump.

The nationwide lifter failure rate according to some stat reports the shop showed me is roughly 5% to 8% with the 5.7s.

Strongly suggest that if you own a 2009 and newer 5.7 Hemi to watch the above video as well as other videos by Reignited that cover this subject. A Hellcat oil pump installation just may save one thousands of $$$$ if done before a lifter problem arises which is why I had one installed on my truck.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger