Originally Posted by smarquez
What was the fix for later gen 5.7Rams?
.....As I understand it, Ram converted to larger diameter needle bearings in the lifters. In one of the you tube videos by Reignited he talks about that. However larger diameter roller bearings can still seize up causing lifter and cam damage IF the problem isn't solved at the source as was clear with my buddy's 2017 Ram. The standard OE 5.7 oil pumps deliver lubrication to the lifters but not quite enough at idle when the oil psi is at its lowest. So over alot of time and an unpredictable amount of miles there can be lifter failures, which in turn causes severe cam damage, which in turn leaves large amounts of tiny metal shavings throughout the engine, which in turn results in a new or reman engine needed.

The fix is installing a 6.2L Hellcat oil pump which is exactly what I did before any of my lifters go bad resulting in me buying a new motor. Puts out 17% more oil flow than the OE 5.7 oil pumps which increases the oil psi at idle by roughly 7 to 10 psi....

Is that to say that a Hellcat oil pump will without any doubt solve the lifter issues on the 5.7s 2009 and newer? No.....But what the Hellcat oil pump does do, is make it far less likely that lifter failure will occur. Imo, several hundred bucks well spent as preventative maintenance.....

Reignited has many you tube videos about the 5.7 Hemi tick and lifter issues. There are others as well, but imo he explains things more clearly and more concise than the others do.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger