Originally Posted by grouseman
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
It's an inherent design defect, the camshaft sits farther up in the engine block and the oil galleries do not supply the camshaft oil gallery properly. The Hellcat oil pump is a stop gap , the design is flawed not the pump but block design. Ram won't do anything about it and after this year the engine is no longer put in Rams.

This.

And any make of active displacement management or whatever they call it, will have issues. There are kits to delete it so it runs on all 8 like an engine should.
.....Thought about the same thing about the MDS going from 8 cyl down to 4 cyl when cruising. Is the MDS partially the culprit? Well according to Reignited in another one of his videos or in the same video link I posted, I don't remember, the 5.7 manual trans Challengers without the MDS post 2008 still had the lifter issues.

Ram/Chrysler imo laid an egg on the later generation Hemis post 2008 by not going with a higher pressure oil pump. However, there are many 5.7 Hemis out there with 200K plus miles on em that have never had a lifter issue using the standard OE oil pump.

Luck of the draw. My buddy caught the short end.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger