Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I know I didn't have the hours to get serious consideration at any position I felt would pay benefits
from all the training hours and certifications... And I had 1500 hours single, multi, and instrument.

Wow thats the opposite to what happened with guys I flew with, some ended up as EMS
pilots. others as offshore captain paying rather well. Essentially they were accepted by
good companies that assisted in advancing their careers.
...I recall going to Anaheim Heli Expo where they were doing interviews .
My colleague had no turbine time, no twin time , etc. (whereas I already had Bell and MD turbine)
He was accepted by a rotary wing operator in Louisiana, he stayed there just over 6 yrs and ended
up as offshore IFR captain in the AW139, as well as; Bell 412, AS350, EC120, which adds up to
2x single turbines and 2x twin turbines all at Co. expense..He took that experience to Saudi Aramco
and is currently an AW139 offshore captain and has been there some yrs now.. and in that time has
added the A109E twin to his CV at Co. expense.
He ain't a multi millionaire but he has US real estate in a neat gated community and can afford
to have his wife as a stay home mom. I have more very similar stories like that from RW colleagues
dating back 25 yrs involving other turbine birds such as MD500E, Bell 206, AS355 twin, AS332 twin,
EC135 twin, EC145 twin. Etc.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.