GD, that's the standard Bansner forearm... I took a page from your playbook and recontoured the bottom metal.

I sold this rifle last year to a member here on 24hr and proceeded to recreate the rifle in a slightly different configuration. The new one keeps its 22" bbl, no sights and sits in a McMillan Edge. It has the Williams Oberndorf bottom metal and wears a 6x36 Leupold in Talley lightweights. Should come in around 7.5 lbs all-up. The McMillan comes this week... I bedded it and did some epoxy touch-up and sent it back for paint.

Like you, I prefer the Bansner best over-all but the Edge seems like a good stock.

Like you, I really like the 308 and my only other BG rifle is a Kimber MT in 308. Weighs just under 6.25 lbs all-up and is a joy to shoot and carry. Really can't find a need to build a 308 since Kimber got it right and at a price that'd be nearly impossible to beat!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery