Am building a new 35 Whelen another one, on a Rem 700 squared action, got the SS 1-14 barrel blank turned to contour and ran into a small problem, a good problem, the donor action I bought, in a group of four 700s, is a August 1958 dated 700, cut checkering, all original, 06 in excellent shape. Saved it to last for tear down. So stopped at the tear down stage for a bit more consideration.

While thinking on it, started a 358 Win build on a Mauser 3/4 action. Never owned a 358 Win rifle, figured it was about time to own one. Building a 1-14 twist 22" barrel cast bullet rifle. This one I am keeping a photo log on a step by step.

I still need to cut the stock for the 358 on my duplicator, may make a myrtle stock for it. I cut stocks outside, have the duplicator on commercial casters so I can roll it outside on the shop's concrete apron.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox