The Shaw 358 Win short chambered barrel came in today. The barrel is a SS .659 muzzle, 22" with 1-14 twist and a recessed crown. Documents said it was .040 short chambered, actual measurement is just .017 so can easily be hand cut for a perfect chamber fit, I like a tight headspace. Nice work, barrel screws on properly and locks up on the two points, end of threads and the receiver face, same time. The bolt closes and locks up without the cartridge. The Rem 200 RN feeds into the chamber like Roscoe as does the RCBS 200 grain FN cast.

I noticed back a few years ago that Shaw changed out their equipment for new and CNC stuff. I have built some rifles for friends that wanted their own Shaw barrels installed, that turned out they shoot in the sub 1/10" category, and that ain't bad in anyone's book.
Have a bit of metal work to do yet, plus the stock to cut and finish. But it is coming along.

I am still debating on all black or black action metal, jeweled bolt with SS barrel. Plus considering a 5/8x24 threaded muzzle for my 35 cal can. Think I might as well do the muzzle thread.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Rapier; 06/27/23.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox