Had a problem with the lathe, the operator had partial malfunction, so the muzzle thread ended up a 1/2" cut off, facing and a re-crown. I will get back to that muzzle thread later. I set up the jeweling fixture in the mill to do the bolt, just need an 800 polish on the body to get that fixed up.

Got a epiphany while spinning the 358 Win barrel. I have another 96 to rebarrel or have JES cut to a 358. Why noy make a 55 ot a 57mm x 358. I have the reamers and an extra set of dies, so...

Built the custom for my Dad before he passed, he shot some corrosive through it, would like to save the exterior of the barrel. Cut the 35 W dies off, make the 57 ftpm 7x57 or 8 x57 brass the 55 from 6.5x55 brass, I could run the 358 Win reamer in from 51mm to 55mm or 57mm or just short chamber with the 35 Whelen reamer, finish with the 358 Win reamer.

I was delaying, holding on to the 1958 700, but as an 1985 it changes the need to save it. Nice gun, but not that nice as an 85, it will be a trued, 5x squared, threads cut .010 over with 100% lug contact. 250 recoil lug 35 Whelen in just a bit.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox