Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Handguns will be sufficient to ambush an AR wielding assailant. But for a genuine "gun" fight, you better have some type of carbine close at hand. Generally speaking, unless you're just *real* good with a handgun you're not going to be effective at 150 yards.

Any Joe Blow who has played around a bit at a shooting range will be able to pop you at 150 yards with an AR.

I disagree.

There are a numerous accounts of LE and citizens putting down dudes who were armed with long guns, using only their handguns.

Eli Dickens immediately comes to mind.

Last year, 2022.

The Greenwood Park Mall shooting.

It lasted less than one minute.

Three people killed, two more injured before Eli Dickens dropped the shooter.

The bad guy was armed with an AR 15 and a handgun.

When the shooting started, Dickens didn't run away, he actually advanced on the shooter and took the fight to him.

From a distance of 40 yards, Dickens fired 10 rounds and hit the killer 8 times. That ended a massacre before it got worse.

Another one from earlier this year in Las Vegas that the media did their best to keep quiet.

An "active shooting" began at a high rise condo began. The bad guy had an AR-15 and started shooting up the lobby. But before he got far, he was dropped like a sack.

Ends up an employee was armed with a handgun, saw what was taking place, and dumped him. Game over.

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/commentary/good-guy-gun-swept-under-rug-las-vegas-police

LVMP and the media kept it quiet.

But you can read about it at the link.

The point is that you CAN win with a handgun. Keep your cool, do your job. Just because someone has a long gun, does not mean that they suddenly have become impervious to bullets. They still react to bullets the same as anyone else. So keep your head, focus on what you need to do and get to work.

In 2014 an Austin cop shot and dropped an AK wielding gunman from approximately 100 yards with his handgun. He was also holding the reigns of two horses...

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/co...unman-at-100-yards-its-true-849b68c60583

Here is one from a few years back. Straight up phenomenal performance by a citizen who shot a killer who was shooting at an LEO. The bad guy had already murdered some folks and was shooting at a responding deputy. A citizen seeing this, retrieved a .357 magnum and from a distance of 165 yards, he shot and wounded the gunman, hitting him in the thigh.

The killer in this case was armed with a 30-30 rifle and was shooting at the responding officer and another resident. The fact is that with practice and calm nerves, you can do good work with a handgun. You can save lives, just like the 66 year old man, Vic Stacy.

https://ktxs.com/news/brownwood/police-officer-citizen-cleared-in-early-rv-park-shooting

Like I said, there are enough examples out there.

You absolutely can win with a handgun.

I don't know why so many people think 100yds is impossible with a handgun. I shot IHMSA from the time it started in 1976 quit when I was about 30, I cleared the ram stands many times and I've seen people that could clear it way better than I.

It ain't that hard, just takes practice.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla