Originally Posted by navlav8r
I liked the “competence” discussion. Unconscious incompetence was really dangerous in a jet. Not knowing how incompetent you are in gun handling or in an aircraft is the toughest thing to get past. Perfect parallel. Lots of good discussion and things to think about out of this thread.

As it starts to get colder I’ll have better concealment with a jacket so I’ll be switching from my Sig 938 to my 45 Officer 1911. Same manual at arms, just a bit bigger and heavier.

Do you carry with the semiwadcutter 45 loads?

No, I usually don't though I have a bunch on hand from many years back, and am still shooting them. Plus I made run of them a while back.

My standard carry .45 load is a +P 250 grain Hard Cast Flat Point. It runs 925 FPS from a 5" gun. That is right where the original .45 Colt revolver loads were at that did such a good number on both man and beast for so long. This simply does it is a much easier to shoot, and higher capacity platform. Penetrates like crazy too.

If I recall right, when JWP475 shot it into gel blocks it went over 3 feet of blocks. I have [punched it clean through some freshy killed cattle skulls and never been able to catch one yet

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is a load I sell a lot of, especially to people hiking and hunting in large predator country

It is without question the load I carry most in Grizzly and Black bear country.

People tend to automatically gravitate towards a 10mm, as they are not aware that there are high performance .45 ACP loads out there. I like the 10mm myself, but having cut my teeth on the .45, I have a tendency to shoot it more.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com