Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Mackay and others who have multiple EDC pistols. I understand that you might have a different gun for hot weather and cold weather applications. But from a tactical standpoint, thinking muscle memory here, would the best approach be to have as few platforms as possible and for those platforms to be similar? Say a Glock 19 and a Glock 48. Grip angle the same, controls in the same place, sight picture the same etc.

When I was on active duty in the Coast Guard we were carrying Beretta 92s. I started working part time as a reserve deputy for Harrison County. I went with a stainless 92 so that there was no relearning, retraining etc and muscle memory was identical. Seems like there would be similar value in being as standardized as possible with EDC.

Just thinking out loud.

For me similar is better. I figured this out after shooting a 1911 for a few years on my own time and then I shot in a unit ran 3 gun match with issue guns and the first shot from the holster with the M9 I swiped the safety down like it was a 1911. It cost me a couple of seconds. I gave the 1911 to my dad and bought myself a 92FS.

Later in my career we started getting Glocks so I picked one of those up for personal use. I didn't like the Glock so I sold it and stuck with the M9 at work and the 92 for personal use.