My Three Gun Battery as a kid and into/through college 50+ years ago was a .30-40 Krag carbine, Ithaca M37 12 gauge, and a Winchester M52A target rifle. The two rifles were purchased when in high school with paper route/snow shoveling/hay baling money to replace the Spanish Mauser 7mm and Mossberg (Actually New Haven el-cheapo version of Mossberg) .22 semi-auto which my Dad bestowed on me earlier. Those two rifles were deplorable and I often thought it was Pop's way of spurring me to acquiring better things by my own wits.

Of the three I still have the Mossberg .22 and the Ithaca, mainly because Dad gave the Ithaca to me for HS graduation in 1970. One of the few new fresh from the factory guns I ever owned! I've always owned Krags and could duplicate the old triumvirate by adding one of them from my collection to the Mossy and Ithaca pump gun.

My current Go-To Three pulled from my stash, for a basic "do everything" battery based solely on hunting requirements and not necessarily where my "shooting head" is at this time , would be:

1. Ruger No.1A 6.5x55 with Leupold 1.5-5x
2. LC Smith 12-bore 28" M&F
3. BRNO #2 with 4x Leupold FXII rimfire scope

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty