The only hunter in my family while growing up was my grandfather on my mother's side. He used a 22bolt action of unknown lineage possibly sears or Montgomery ward, an iver johnson champion 12 with a 36 inch xfull choke, and a hunter arms double 12 26 mod full . He passed when I was 5 and the guns were left in the closet at grandma's till I was given them at age 16 or so. By then I was in the process of getting my own firearms and his were full of closet gunk ,so I cleaned them up and used them occasionally ,really liked the double but I was into duck hunting and steel shot was not good for it ,the 22 would group with the best of them but it needed an extractor and you had to use a pocket knife to get thr round out, made it slow when the squirrels were running ,and the ivr johnson was just a sledgehammer to shoot plus it would open on it's own when it was fired ,so I moved on to better things, 1st was a Winchester 190 22 auto, then as I got a job driving the school bus (yes in 1974 in north carloina the students could have a job as the bus driver) I managed to aquire a Remington 742 30 06 Redfield 3x9 scope that has since gone to someone that wanted it more than I did. The shotgun at that time was a rossi sxs 12 imp mod . I still have the 190 and the rossi take em out and play with em once in a while grandfather's guns went to a cousin who acquired the house and farm so it just seemed right to let grandad 's guns go home also.the cousin is a hunted and he can pass them along to his kids who also hunt

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian