Originally Posted by 358WCF
Originally Posted by p5200
Can I use the same hunting bullets for a 35 Whelen in a 35 Remington Marlin 336 Lever action cases? Thanks!

More info about which bullets you are asking about would be a good thing to know.

Marlin 336 has a tube magazine, so only flat or round nose bullets are recommended. If you absolutely must use spitzers, you can load with 2... one in the chamber & one in the tube if the longer ogive will feed properly. The 358 caliber hasn't done too well for availability the last few years. Speer made 180 & 220 flat noses, thinking the 220s were discontinued, while Hornady makes a 200 RN or the 200 FTX. Sierra is MIA with their 35s the last few years. The FN & RN bullets should expand at 35 Rem velocities. The spitzer bullets may not.

If you want to go the cast bullet route, there are a number of casters making suitable bullets.

There are some custom made 220 FN bullets being made by a private individual. Member "Dinny" on here would have the contact info or you can try searching for the thread about them.
I found part of a box of Speer 180gr flat nose and a full box of the Speer 220gr. Flat nose. Now if I can find some load data for the 35 Remington. I assume the bullets will need crimped being a tube feed? Thanks! smile