Me and a buddy went into Chilkoot Charlies in Anchorage about 1700 one afternoon and there she was on a bar stool talking with her sister. She fit that stool perfectly and looked great. I was just out of a four year stint with the U.S. Navy and three West Pac deployments and Viet Nam was winding down.

Turns out she was a close cousin to my buddy. After he threatened my life he reluctantly introduced us. She is 1/4 Yupik Eskimo and German, Russian and French and had blonde hair and was raised in Tanana for a few years, a Yukon River village.

Next year we celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and I thank God for her every day. She loves fishing and all things outdoors and is my favorite hunting, fishing, ATV, camping, etc. buddy, but she has no interest in shooting any thing and usually sheds a tear after the shot. Then she pulls her favorite knives out and starts skinning. We have many great memories in God's Creation. I just have to make sure she gets plenty of time picking blue berries and cranberries.

She is a gun thief and claimed the little Mod. 94 Win. in .44 mag. I bought 30 years ago. Then three years ago she claimed the Mod. 94 Big Bore .356 Win. I brought home. She also made a nifty scabbard for it from a very big river otter hide. Shes a talented skin sewer.