1. Straight out of college I went to work for IBM. We had to go through a 2 month training class. First day of class this wonderful woman walked in and went to the head of the class - she was the teacher. I thought I had better wait until this 2 months is over before I ask her out. Two week later, she came in on Monday with a ring on her finger. I figured I had better get to work. She wouldn't "date" me but she would play tennis with me - played a LOT of tennis the next 6 weeks. She returned the ring 3 months later. Married 6 months later. So enjoyed being with her - every minute, every day. After being together all day long, we would spend 30 minutes talking in bed before going to sleep. After 35 years, Alzheimer's got her (age 59).

2. 9 years later, I went on a missions trip to Colombia, South America. At the church supper the first night, she was seated next to me - she spoke no English, I spoke no Spanish. We were married 5 months later! I still don't understand her, but she is one heck of a girl!

Last edited by UncleKarl; 12/15/23.