We met at the time clock on her 1st day at work at a dept store while I was in college.
I thought she was the prettiest thing I laid eyes on.
I had went out with every other girl that worked there, they were all nice, but no real sparks.
And I had recently broken up with a girl I had dated for 1.5 years.

We began to flirt immediately. It was love, or something like it, at first sight.
I wanted to ask her out for the coming weekend but I had national guard drill that weekend.
The next thing I know, she asked me out.
I told I couldn't this weekend because I had Guard drill.
She looked shocked, hurt, and bewildered.
And I said, really I do, I'll be out of town, but we can go out on Tuesday when I get back.
That was late December. In March we were engaged. We were married in July.

After we were married, she said that she had never asked anyone out before.
I asked her why she asked me out.
She said that God told her "Be nice to him, that's your husband." and that God prompted her to ask me out right then.
When I said I couldn't, she was shocked and thought "what the heck was that all about?"
But, then she realized I wanted to go out too. It should have been obvious anyway.

I told her that if she would have told me all that shortly after we started dating, I would have ran from her like a scalded ape.

We are about to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our 1st date. 39.5 years of marriage.
We are still madly in love.
We still act like we're 20 yrs old.
We text each other some romantic things, some very naughty things throughout the day.
Being a pastor, my congregation would be shocked at those conversations if they read them.... maybe not, though, they see how we cling to each other even at 60 years old.
The fire is still hot. She is the love of my life.