Originally Posted by jimmyp
in the end, only option a will make you the same person that walked into the deal, do the right thing despite what everyone else is doing. Its better to be stolen from than to steal from someone, the first option hurts you, but the second option destroys you.

The second option isn't going to destroy me by any stretch. This order has been a gagglefugk and a PITA, to absolutely no fault of my own, from the get-go. Further, the seller has made themselves very difficult to communicate with. The latter is the greatest barrier to my desire to try to make it right. Hell, for all I know they sent the extra ammo as a way saying "sorry we kinda dicked this up."

As it stands now I am going to exercise option 5. That is to sit quietly and wait for them to contact me if they recognize they made an error. That wait will obviously involve some of option C. If they contact me and request the ammo back I'll work with them on getting the beat up boxes back to them. I simply do not have the level of self-disrespect necessary to try to communicate with them. When sellers make themselves difficult to contact, they have to live with their decision.