Originally Posted by hatari
Everyone please pay attention to Ed's use of Isopropyl alcohol. He uses 99%. Note that most all druge store Isopropyl is 70%. That means it is 30% water. DO NOT use 70% in your bore (or anywhere else you don't want potential corrosion. Likewise, do not use 99% on your skin.

Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Teal
I don't clean until accuracy falls off and like others, I'm not sold on a hospital sterile barrel/clean. That said Cortina used CLR a bit but seems to have stopped.

Here's his latest deal I could find on it. First 3 mins he goes over what he's using - rest of the vid is a how to so to speak.

All I can comment on is that last little bit of carbon fouling that he used the carb out wasnt really needed. If he would have followed directions on the Iosso bore cleaner and used a Iosso nylon brush after letting the bore cleaner work a couple minutes it wouldnt have been in there.

I'm vaguely aware of him as a shooter (PRS/F-Class isn't my interest) but he's been showing up more and more in my youtube feed as I'm looking to learn more about loading for accuracy. His video on "stop chasing the lands" makes a ton of sense to me and I had randomly seen a video where he was soaking things in CLR. Then this thread popped - all in about 72 hours. Figured I'd post.

TL/DR - I'm not a Cortina fan boi, just saw it as a data point/opinion to share.

the 99% stuff is what I actually make some case lubricant of that and lanolin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by ldholton; 02/27/24.