Two incidents I recall, both with Ruger #1s. I had my 1976 model .270 1B at the range. I was shooting at 50 yards, checking out some iron sighted rifles, then figured, what the heck, I'll check zero on the .270. Fired one shot, yes, where I expected. Fired another. no sign of a 2nd hole. "Huh?" fired a 3rd. One hole in the target. Wondering what was going on, as the rifle was always very accurate. Raised the POA an inch, and a new hole appeared 1 inch above the first. With the scope at 10x, at 50 yards, I could not tell there were 3 shots in the first hole.

Another time recently, with a Boddington #1 in .300 H&H. It was brand new to a friend. Mounted a scope, bore sighted it. My friend takes a shot, ~4 inches high at 100 yards. Adjust scope, different friend shoots, two shots about an inch apart. Adjust scope, I sit down and launch one. Absolutely dead center on the target, at 100 yards. You could not have placed the hole any closer to dead center, if you'd walked up and drilled it. I told the owner, let me know when you get tired of the recoil.... smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."