Originally Posted by 41rem
Have you ever had a rifle that just surprised you with its level of precision? I've got one for you.

My Dad purchased a well used Winchester M-94 carbine in 32 Winchester special, he picked a mid range load out of a reloading manul and cooked up a batch of ammo. Years later I had it & took it to the range, put it on the 100 yard lane with the biggest bullseye target I could find. As I settled in behind it was thinking I'll be lucky to hit the paper with these open buckhorn sights, squeezed of 3 rounds and took a walk downrange.

Low and behold all 3 shots in a perfect triangle right on the target center about 1.5"

You could have knocked me over with a feather.

"Level of precision", is determined by multiple groups shot and recorded on paper. Not just 1 group. A single 3 shot group is not going to prove anything to me, except you got lucky, as someone else said. Do that 10 times, and let us know the results. It is nice when you get a Winchester 94 that shoots well though. Generally the Marlin levers exhibit better/more consistent precision.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA