Originally Posted by GreggH
Had a conversation with one years ago. He informed me that Easter was a from a pagan religion. I said “ Oh! You’re one of the Jehovah False Witnesses aren’t you? “ Kinda sent him into a new orbit. Last one I have seen.

GreggH

I heard that was a thing many long years ago. It had to be sometime between 1965 and 1968. Some weird preacher type and I was on my way home from work getting off a graveyards shift. His rants were sometimes the only thing that kept me awake as I was working at the Post Office at night and on the water front days. Anyway he was going on about how easter is a bastardization of the name Ishtar. He did make a pretty convincing lot of points to what he was saying. Dunno if he's right but I have heard the same said elsewhere.

Don't get me started on JWs and Mormons. Never had much truck with JWs but my first wife was Mormon. 'll just let it go at that.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE