Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by GreggH
Had a conversation with one years ago. He informed me that Easter was a from a pagan religion. I said “ Oh! You’re one of the Jehovah False Witnesses aren’t you? “ Kinda sent him into a new orbit. Last one I have seen.

GreggH
Both Christmas and Easter were adopted from pagan holidays by the Christian church. No harm in that I suppose. Most likely made it easier to convert pagans as they didn't have to go underground with their celebrations.

After a generation or two the former pagans forgot all about their ancestors religion and the connection to the solstice and fertility festivals.

At Christmas time I wish my atheist family and friends a "merry solstice".
God created the seasons and he created fertility. Why should they not be celebrated? it's just that the pagans do their celebrating in ways that are unacceptable to the Lord. They're worshiping the sun and earth and their movements instead of the God who created them.
what is shocking to me is that they don’t celebrate their own birthdays, they don’t celebrate New Years.
And they don’t believe there’s a supernatural world around us. They also don’t believe miracles can happen(only Jesus and his descriptor can do that). They also don’t do blood transfusion, They rather die.