Originally Posted by FreeMe
Well, that was super educational but little to do with the question at hand. Unless you can explain how the firing pin has more force than the slide going into battery.

As for my "junk" Lee FCD, Hawkl, untold thousands of 9mm and 45 acp loads - yes, successful - have not been a problem here for my use. And that FCD did not contribute to my verification of your earlier post. Sized = longer. Mouth expanded slightly = back to starting length, more or less. That was all. Interesting, but of no practical consequence for run of the mill range rounds.

Were I competing in Bullseye, I might care enough to toss my "junk", but that ain't my bag. Now, rifle loads...they get more respect from me.

It has everything to do with the question at hand, and no, the firing pin doesn't have more force than the slide. The 45 Colt brass pictures say it in so many words without even putting a caliper on them.

Bulk fired brass, fired in whatever chamber and sized with a carbide die, can still have a slide close and still be in battery, yet still be sticky at that bulge, deadening the firing pin blow. The same round slammed home a second time and the problem is "resolved". I would point out the extractor isn't very good insurance at this instance.

The OP has admitted as much by having rounds stick a bit in the gauge and his next remedy is another die, a "Bulge buster" (that will probably fix his issue) but involves another step because lubing a thousand 223's is respectable work while the lowly .380 needs five dies to make sure it goes bang every time. But hey, you don't have to lube anything.
The fact that there are "Bulge buster" dies and Factory Crimp dies that coincide with carbide sizer dies to cajole a loaded round in a single fixed chamber remind me of creating a problem to have a solution, but I digress...

Revolvers aren't immune from having this happen either. Anyone out there have to push their carbide sized brass fired from their Ruger "home" a bit in some of their Smiths? My experience with a 44 Desert Eagle says pass the FL steel sizer.

Yes, the Federal caps go pop easier but having them all go off, regardless of brand, makes more sense.

YMMV, but if handgun rounds have a High Master Service Rifle shooter asking why his aren't all going off maybe we should respect them a little more.

I think Mackey was correct in that its a sizing issue.