Hi T!
Hope you're doing well.
Never loaded .380 except for the occasional stray that sneaks into a 9mm batch and never owned a P232, so this is all swag on my part.
Didn't see where you tried "plunking" your loads in the removed barrel itself? Compare factory rounds with your problem batch. I like to see them fall in "plunk" and in some guns, be able to turn them fairly easy as well.
If the gun locks up but still don't fire first time I always go to the primer itself and how its seated. I like to make sure they are seated solid, maybe even a tiny bit of "crush". Gets a little aggravating with mixed brass.
I use a Dillon 1050 for 9mm, it primes on the down stroke with adjustable primer seating depth. Can't "feel" anything as far as primers bottoming out in the pocket. I set it up with some "crush" in some cases and not so much in others. No issues with 9mm. I'm loading GINEX primers right now with the same setup as CCI without a hitch.
Not sure if its the same with .380 but I find some 9mm cases with a stop or ledge inside. I guess its to insure no bullet setback? But if you try to load a longer bullet it bulges the case or mangles the base of lead bullets.
The only real primer seat troubles I've had using progressive presses was a Hornady LNL. Took some modification to get it seating primers consistently.
Hope you get it figured out asap, I detest a gun malfunction getting in the way of my user issues!

Last edited by blindshooter; 03/28/24.