Originally Posted by cra1948
I’ve followed this thread all the way through and it’s been kind of interesting in several ways, not the least of which is that’s it’s gone 7 pages with a small measure of disagreement but no one has questioned anyone else’s manhood or thrown down a gauntlet to meet at a major airport for a duel.

Anyway, a couple thoughts… if one is into geometric and dimensional tolerance in a professional sense, it is pretty obvious that there are aspects of size and shape that will affect function and that can’t necessarily be measured by the simple expedient of putting a caliper across a part in one or any number of places. Two, there are commercial reloaders that quite successfully process large quantities of diverse brands of brass all in one batch and such reloads work perfectly well in anyone’s pistol…as well as factory new. There’s one such outfit near me and I go over to their facility and buy their product by the thousands with no problems. I suspect the reason their remanufactued stuff works better than a lot of the home reloaders auto pistol stuff sometimes does is their use of a push through resizing die. It would tend to address the causes of much of the GDT issues we sometimes experience.

My final thought that has run through this thread is wondering why anyone would reload .380 ammo. I’ve never been able to bring myself to reload 9mm even. Of course, I know why we do this stuff, I probably reload calibers I don’t shoot 100 rounds of in 20 years…it’s what we do
I load .380 because I shoot a F-ton of it. I have three .380 pistols - two Sig P232's and a Browning 1911-380. One of those three are my EDC because they fit me and I've been shooting the Sigs for 20+ years, so very comfortable with them.

Up until loading the V-crown bullets, I had always loaded cast lead 100 gr. RNFP bullets with no issues. Hundreds of them. There's something about the V-crown bullets that makes things different.

I loaded up another 50 rounds yesterday evening and about 20 out of the 50 don't plunk easily into the chamber gauge. I disassembled a couple of those that didn't fit and one of them had a case that was too long and the other one had a case was that was right at the maximum length. I marked with a red marker all the ones that fit snugly in the chamber gauge and will check to see if any of those misfire next time I go to the range.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 03/28/24.