I've gotten to where I hate traveling by air...don't much like being part of a herd, don't have the patience. If I'm lucky I can keep it down to once or twice a year anymore.

I think a lot of it has to do with how much a person travels. Like anything else, there's a certain skill set and competency developed by frequency of involvement. My wife flies places several times a year for work, she's pretty good at it and I let her handle all the arrangements. We don't do checked baggage unless we're going to be gone a week or so, if it's only a few days, carry on only. She get's checked in ahead of time and just sort of runs through the terminal flashing her phone at every point requiring some sort of documentation.

We don't have any real problems with the whole thing other than a couple of years ago when we were up north for the holidays and our flight was delayed, then cancelled due to weather (severe icing.) We rented a car and started chasing flights south from NY's Canadian border and they kept getting cancelled. We ended up flying out of Scranton PA the next morning. The holiday trip from hell.

Mathew 22: 37-39