Originally Posted by battue
They don't place the 2.7 in a Tahoe or Suburban....Most likely for good reason.

Addition: A friend is a Chevy dealer, he said GM keeps shoving the 4 down his throat for his floor plan. Reason being, they are cheaper to make, yet he had to charge the same. Said they run well enough….but his mechanics say go with the V8 if you are in for the long run.

Addition2: Friend has a 4…goes through a quart every 1500. GM says that is normal. His highway MPG isn’t any better than my V8.

great 2.7 thread 90 plus pages and multiple years deep of owners there on one of the gm forums, the oil is discussed heavily, I ran some slippery Amsoil thinking it was best available for awhile and It used oil, let the dealer change it with their stuff and it doesn't, doesn't matter as hardest cylinder liners known to man and the engineers couldn't seize it or kill it (one of only two) so just don't get all that and a bag of chips with the super skinny oils and you're gtg wink

the half tons do more work and bigger bread and butter segment than the Tahoe and suburban...9000+ tow capacity on my 2.7, so you're wrong, there's a different reason they don't...yet, likely just too hard a sell for the more upscale luxury segments, despite it being the smartest half ton motor in the segment...the fancy foo foos that care more about options, technology, autonomous driving and gadgets than solid engineering won't understand lol...that'll be why