Originally Posted by battue
No I couldn’t get one at the time….tho if I could have, I would have. I just need a hunting truck, so given a choice, I would rather have something nice. Work trucks don’t interest me at all.

However, real truck guys usually are not driving around in 4 cylinders. 🤣

That’s what the big block guys said to the cummins guys back in 1989. Oops

My custom is a long way from old school base lol. Full power seat, mirrors(heated), keyless and push button start, power windows with the 1-touch etc, heated rear window, air/tilt/cruise, auto-start, onstar bullshit. Don’t need heated seats and steering wheels with auto-start. I’m beyond comfortable and it’s ideal for giving big game animals their first (and last) truck rides. wink

Ps for the thread. My best bud has a 14 5.3 and similar cargo trailer we drag around all year for hunting and fishing. There’s nowhere that motor has proven better, and it eats a bit more gas. It’s a good motor as I’ve said, just not with afm/dfm lifters stuff. The 2.7t is smarter choice if buying right now imo. The v8’s already shot through the liver as the future is boost. It will just take a minute to get there. Same as the cummins did to the NA big blocks. Boost or die.

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 03/31/24.